Located in Mieres (Asturias), DF Rail has more than 56.000 m2 where we integrate all the necessary resources for the design and assembling of turnouts up to 200 meters long (High Speed), as well as for the design, casting, CNC machining and flash butt welding for the manganese steel crossings up to 12 meters long.
DF Rail presents an excellent situation from the logistical point of view, both by road, by railway (own access and siding), and by its short distance to the important seaport of Gijón.
- More than 56.000 m2, 21.000 of which are covered shops and 1.600 correspond to offices, dressing rooms, etc.
- Excellent transport connections by road and train with its own rail access and siding.
- DF Rail Manganese steel crossing foundry started production in September 2016. Plant treatment capacity up to 12 m long crossings. pieces/parts.
- Laboratories for metallurgic and metalographic tests as well as for static and dynamic fatigue bending tests.
- CNC machining shop for crossings and switches.
- Flash butt welding.
- Turnout assembly shop.